Translate

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The North Pole Effect

chillbro17: Hey what's up?
coolguy12: Yo man, good. How are you?
……15 minutes later……
chillbro17: Well it was great to meet you, seems like we have a lot in common.
coolguy12: Yeah you seem chill too dude, I think we'd get along really well.
chillbro 17: So where are you from?
coolguy12: 6000 miles away
chillbro17: Perfect. Welp, see you never. 

I wish that I could count the number of times that I have had this conversation, but I can't. If you are in Australia, he's in the US. If you're in Europe he's in Argentina. If you're on the North Pole, he's on the South pole.

In this sense the internet is a superb way to find great dudes, but sometimes it just makes you more frustrated with where you are currently located.

If you move to a bigger city there is likely to be a higher percentage of non heteros. And I appreciate what living in a city gives: easy transportation, diverse food and people, a great night life etc. But I miss being able to see more than four stars, the smell and taste of unpolluted air; and the general sense that things can, and will, wait. Sigh, just one of those days, bros. Just one of those days.


* Subscribe, share, enjoy *

2 comments:

  1. I feel ya. I go to uni in a decent-sized city, but grew up a solid hour from the nearest shopping mall; going home or visiting friends in the country reminds me of all the things I miss about not living in the city. =/

    ReplyDelete