Translate

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Bro Date

Big date tomorrow guys. With past ones I've pretty much always gone into it with doubts, but tried to be optimistic and give the guy the full benefit. "He seems fairly masculine" or "he seems kinda cool," I'd rationalize.


But I'm actually feeling good about this one. Let's revisit what I said I was looking for in a dude before.

Deal breakers:
  • Can't carry a conversation  X (he can roll wit' it)
  • Overweight X (he's jacked)
  • Facial attractiveness of less than 7/10 X (he's sexy as hell)
  • Feminine mannerisms X (but, to be determined for certain)
  • Under 5'7 X (is 5'11)
 Very Important 
  • Intelligence  ✓ (but, TBD)
  • Enjoys athletic and/or outdoor activities ✓ (just ran a marathon, etc)
  • Common interests in general ✓ (but, TDB)
  • Facial attractiveness in general ✓ 

Important
  • Education ✓ 
  • Some class 
  • Muscles/nice body 
  • Would get along well with my friends and family TBD
  • Ambition 
 Nice, but just icing:
  • Interesting eyes 
  • Nice ass TBD 
  • Swag 
  • Doesn't dress like an idiot 

We also have weird shit in common like we were in the same fraternity at different schools.

The plan is to meet and drink whiskey. We'll probably also get some food, at some point. Maybe.

Here we go, y'all.




9 comments:

  1. If you really want to be analytical about things, you should give each of your criteria some weighted score.

    Also, your factors tend to lean towards outward tangible indicators, how about including a few more intangibles like chemistry, friendship, sense of humor, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah all the other ones, all the goods ones.

      Delete
  2. Good luck! Just remember to have fun and enjoy yourself, even if it doesn't work out as a "date".

    EDIT - Ha, and the captcha has the word "FRIENDS" in it... good sign?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrible sign hah. No más amigos por favor.

      Delete
    2. Eh, I'm firmly in the "gotta be friends before you can really be more" category. I mean, hooking up is one thing, but if you're going to spend a lot of time with someone, there better be more than just sexing all the time.

      I think you're the same way, really - half your criteria are personality traits/habits/interests rather than physical characteristics.

      So, here's hoping he works out to be more than just a friend, but not less.

      Delete
  3. Don't try too hard, or make it such a big deal. Too much pressure.
    My best dates were always surprises. And, in fact, the man I will spend the rest of my life with, is not much like I expected he would be.

    Good luck, although I doubt you will need it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Update, brosef? Did you desolate Smaug or what

    ReplyDelete
  5. NH:

    Wishing you a safe and happy holiday with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dude requirements are almost the same as mine..I just hope I'll get to meet my ideal kind of guy very soon. I wish you had a great time with your date... that would be the perfect way to celebrate the holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete